Monday, October 29, 2007

Orlando's Virtual Job Fair is Live!

We are a go Orlando. The Virtual Job Fair is live and running! Head on over to the Orlando Employment Guide and get started. Here's how you can partake:

1. Look for the Spotlight Employer Button for the Virtual Job Fair (Hint: It's on this page and will also link you to the Virtual Job and Education Fair-it's on the right side)

2. On the Orlando Employment Guide homepage, click on the Job Fair tab and then look for the link.

3. Send an email to Greg Rollett and get featured on our mailing list to get the latest updates.

4. Follow us on Twitter to get the link and daily updates on new positions before they are available to regular viewers of our site.

5. Just click this link and get started already! Orlando's Virtual Job and Education Fair!

Please comment on questions, concerns, or anything else pertaining to the Virtual Job Fair, and I will get back to you ASAP. Happy hunting Orlando!

Greg Rollett

7 comments:

Javier October 29, 2007 at 4:44 PM  

Thanks for putting this job fair together. I just moved down here and have been looking for a while without much luck. I went to a job fair two weeks ago and there really were no companies, so I was getting discouraged. I didn't realize most of these companies were hiring. I'm excited about my chances again! Thanks!

Erin Fowler October 29, 2007 at 6:01 PM  

I have never seen this before. It is a very cool idea. I do have a few questions though...Since this is not a face to face job fair, how can I ensure that an employer will get my resume, that they will call me back and that I will stand out among other resumes that they are receiving from this event? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Greg Rollett October 30, 2007 at 7:10 AM  

@javier-Thanks for visiting and checking out the Virtual Job Fair. All job fairs are different and vary in companies, themes, and demographics. The great thing about our Virtual is that we are letting everyone with internet access get involved! Everyone is invited to the party and hopefully you can find something that fits your interests and skill levels. If you don't please let us know so that we can focus our efforts to more varying industries to make the next event even more successful for job seekers!

@erin-We're in the same boat. Before coming over to the Employment Guide, I had no idea what a Virtual Job Fair was. (and yes, I too believe that it is a cool idea). The best way to ensure that companies get your information is to closely follow their instructions to apply. I highly recommend using more than one approach if applicable. Send your resume via email and give them a call. If you can visit the employer in person, this shows great initiative to get in the game and will put you ahead of the pack.

Please do not hesitate to send over any other questions or concerns as we are doing everything possible to ensure that this is a smooth, fun and rewarding event for all parties involved.

Randy October 30, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

very cool! I didn't realize that Bright Future was hiring. I am looking forward to hearing from them.

Greg October 31, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

@Randy-good luck. I hope you get in the door and knock em out!

Lisa November 1, 2007 at 9:24 AM  

Thanks Greg, Sears is one of the companies I have wanted to work for. I called & set up an interview. I appreciate your help!

Jason November 7, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

I hope everyone gets a chance to check out this event. This is a great way to browse through companies without even leaving your home or apartment.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP