Thursday, October 16, 2008

Today is National Boss's Day

Celebrate Boss's Day on October 16Every year on October 16th we put aside differences, varying opinions and organizational structures and say a giant Thank You to the men and women who lead us to battle day-in and day-out. Wikipedia sites the history of Boss's Day as:

Patricia Bays Haroski registered "National Boss's Day" with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in 1958. She was working as a secretary for State Farm Insurance Company in Deerfield, Illinois at the time and chose October 16th because it was the birthday of her boss, who happened to be her father.

Four years later in 1962, Illinois Governor Otto Kerner backed Haroski's registration and officially proclaimed the day.

National Boss's Day has become an international celebration in recent years and now is observed in countries such as Australia and South Africa.

Hallmark did not offer a Boss's Day card for sale until 1979, but increased the size of its National Boss Day line by 90 percent in 2007 by creating collections of new and innovative cards.

If you are in the office or on the road or even working from home, be sure to run into your boss's office, give him a call, shoot over an email or even pick up a card. Tell them thanks for all they have done to keep you thriving in your position and as a company. With all the hard times rolling around right now, having a boss that you can depend on to keep the paychecks coming is a great thing.

So Orlando, today we at the Orlando Employment Guide want to give thanks to our boss, Patrick O'Brien for all that he does to keep our offices running smoothly, our continual growth and innovations within our own organization.

Patrick O'Brien of the Orlando Employment Guide

Here's what our office had to say:

Kathie: I appreciate Patrick for his instrumental role in my professional (and musical) education. It continues into my antiquity.

Jason: I love how he gets beet red when listening to Kathie on the phone.

Heather: One day when the pressure of all that is today came down on my shoulders I went into his office where he lends his infamous ear to my concerns. When all was said and done I asked if anyone else seemed to use him in the same fashion and he agreed. I guess our boss has that magnetic personality that makes one comfortable enough to share their innermost fears about life. He reassured me that I was not at all unique and as different as I thought and that each person he works with is unique in their own special way.

Arnetta: I love the morning meetings when we get to the climax of his presentations and he brings it together with the word "ultimately," and the sales team releases a little chuckle.

Greg: I appreciate the opportunities he allows our office to create. There is not a "this is how we've always done it attitude," but an outlook for growth that is beyond our daily duties. Bringing everyone together as a team before individuals makes it exciting to come into the office everyday.

Lee: Patrick is the best…I could never imagine working for a better boss or company. I have learned so much in my 2 years here & I owe it all to POB. That’s how we roll & team work makes a dream work!

Thank you Patrick from the whole Orlando Employment Guide staff and thank you to all the boss's out there on Boss's Day! Happy hunting Orlando!

-Greg Rollett

(btw, our boss rocks, literally)

Patrick O'Brien rocking out the Flats

2 comments:

Kathie October 16, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

We love you Patrick, Thanks for everything. Sorry about making your face red!!

kathie

Patrick O'Brien October 16, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

Thank you all for the nice words and all of the hard work over the past few years. You definitely keep work interesting and make coming to work fun. I think that picture must have been taken when I just started...I hadn't started going gray yet...thanks again!

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP