We just received notice from our friends at the Workforce of Central Florida that they have received government funding for scholarships to offer to those that have been laid off, terminated or downsized. From the Workforce Press Release:
WORKFORCE CENTRAL FLORIDA is pleased to offer a limited number of training scholarships to help individuals affected by the downturn in the economy. If you meet the requirements for this program, contact us today to take advantage of this opportunity.
You may be eligible for this program if you meet one of the following criteria:
- If you have been terminated, laid off or downsized through no fault of your own
- If you are eligible or receiving unemployment compensation
- If you have exhausted your unemployment benefits
- If you worked at a facility with more than 25 employees that announced a permanent layoff
- If you are a homemaker who no longer receives support from another family member and are looking to enter the workforce
Best of luck Orlando!